By Paul Eidelberg
Read Online or Download A Jewish Philosophy of History PDF
Best judaism books
During this certain number of essays, a few of today’s smartest Jewish thinkers discover a large variety of primary questions for you to stability old culture and smooth sexuality. within the previous few many years a couple of factors—post-modernism, feminism, queer liberation, and more—have introduced dialogue of sexuality to the fore, and with it an entire new set of questions that problem standard traditions and methods of considering.
The invention of the useless Sea Scrolls offers remarkable perception into the character of the Hebrew Bible or outdated testomony sooner than its fixation. Timothy Lim right here offers a whole account of the formation of the canon in historical Judaism from the emergence of the Torah within the Persian interval to the ultimate recognition of the checklist of twenty-two/twenty-four books within the Rabbinic interval.
An anthology of essays written via a large cross-section of rabbis, lighting fixtures within the wooded area offers more than a few Jewish responses to either theological and philosophical questions referring to God, humanity, and the Jewish humans. considerate and fascinating, those responses are supposed to boost the reader's feel of Jewish identification via increasing his or her wisdom and knowing of Jewish lifestyles, perform, and culture.
This e-book charts Carl Gustav Jung’s 33-year (1928-61) correspondence with James Kirsch, including intensity and complexity to the formerly released list of the early Jungian flow. Kirsch used to be a German-Jewish psychiatrist, a first-generation follower of Jung, who based Jungian groups in Berlin, Tel Aviv, London, and la.
- Commentary on Midrash Rabba in the Sixteenth Century: The Or ha-Sekhel of Abraham ben Asher (Oxford Oriental Monographs)
- The Jewish Annotated New Testament
- Judaism, the First Phase: The Place of Ezra and Nehemiah in the Origins of Judaism
- Cherry On The Top: The Ethical Will and Memoirs of Ruby Ray Karzen: Loving Instructions On Living A Life That “Makes A Difference!”
- Attraction and Danger of Alien Religion: Studies in Early Judaism and Christianity (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Jewish Interpretation of the Bible: Ancient and Contemporary
Additional resources for A Jewish Philosophy of History
A Jewish Philosophy of History by Paul Eidelberg